Tuesday, February 20, 2007

OK, I know. 6 months is too long between posts...

What can I say, I've been busy! Last October saw me out of town for half the month. Part was spent working as a volunteer for NW Medical Teams doing reconstruction on homes near Gulfport, Mississippi. We were able to get away to tour the area, including New Orleans, where we saw just how bad the devastation is. All along the coast there are hurting people that are desperate for hope. One woman's home that we worked on will get back into her home by April. She and her kids have been living in a FEMA trailer for over a year. That story is repeated countless times throughout the area.

If you have an opportunity to help out, please don't let it pass you by. There are many organizations besides NWMT in the area - Google search for Katrina Relief - I'm sure you'll find something.

I've posted the slideshow that I produced from all our team's photos here.










































After a week in Gulfport, I flew to Denver to photograph bronze sculpture for Rip Caswell, a long-time client who is best known for wildlife art. That began a road trip that took me to Lewiston, ID, Jackson, WY and Bend, OR. I was able to get some personal work in as well in Yellowstone, Grand Tetons and Craters of the Moon National Parks, and Painted Desert.






Labels: ,