Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Here I am feeling a bit apprehensive about blogging in general; yet feeling as if I need to participate in this new media in order to maintain a hold on progress.

I suppose I feel as if I need to take advantage of every opportunity to promote myself and my work. For those of you that are not familiar with my work, it can be seen at www.timothypark.com. I am a commercial photographer, photographing people, places and things for businesses. I own a studio in Milwaukie, Oregon, just outside Portland, Oregon (just outside of the Portland tax-grabber's reach...).

Milwaukie is a great place to do business. It is a quiet, long-established community, that is close to downtown Portland. Milwaukie's downtown has an old-town feel, that is undergoing urban renewal with the addition of a retail/condominium/apartment complex in the next couple of years, as well as a re-design of Hwy 99E that goes through downtown.

I'm born and raised in Milwaukie. I would consider myself fairly well traveled, yet have many desires to travel more. I am hoping that my career can direct my travels more, or can enable me to do more travel in the future.

That is all for now.